Robot could be my last movie | Endiran | Rajini | Aishwarya rai | Shankar


Was the experience of shooting a Rs 175 crore film like Robot very different from your other films?
Of course. Enthiran (Robot’s Tamil title) was a very difficult movie because there were so many factors involved. Having been in the industry for almost 40 years, I know a little of everything about filmmaking. Still, this movie was a learning process for me. There was a special effects crew from Hollywood, action effects crew from Hong Kong and some technicians from Chennai who worked on the movie as a whole. Director Shankar, who is technically very sound, first made a complete animated film. We saw every shot before giving our shot. But shooting with the robot was time consuming. There were eight guys working on the robot. If anybody made a mistake, we had to re-shoot.


Would you rate your performance in the film as one of your best?

I play the role of a scientist Dr Borah, who is the teacher of Dr Wasi (Rajnikanth). He then becomes instrumental in making Chitti, the humanoid robot, into a destructive force because of his greed and jealousy. The role was undoubtedly challenging. This could be my last movie as I don’t see anybody else making a bigger film in India.


Rajnikanth and you have known each other for a long time. What do you admire most about him?
We have done three films — Andha Kanoon, Hum and Bhagwan Dada — together. It’s Rajnikanth’s simplicity that impresses me the most. When I was shooting with him outside Chennai, his fans were waiting to get a glimpse of him. He walked up to them in a lungi and kurta, sans make-up. Once he is in his vanity van and is ready with his costume, however, his body language changes completely. Rajni had to be a part of Robot if they were to recover Rs 175 crore.

Did you follow a long list of commandments, like not working on Sundays nor shooting in summer even during the making of Robot?
Yes. I always make my preferences clear at the beginning. Initially when I came to Mumbai and bagged Dhund , everyone appreciated the ‘chinky-eyed’ boy. After that I signed 40 films and worked three shifts a day. I did that for four months until I got jaundice. After I recovered, I returned 36 signing amounts and decided to do just one or two films a year.


Does this also give you time for your other businesses?
I go to my breweries in Sikkim, Assam and Orissa twice a year. But this hasn’t interfered with my acting. I only take up roles which I find challenging. I am never tempted by money. That’s the reason, I have done just 170 films.


At the Robot music launch, you said you don’t look Indian. Is this a drawback even now?

It was initially. I myself found it weird when I was offered roles to play brother to actors like Shashi Kapoor, Dharmendra and Shatrughan Sinha among others. I did not resemble them at all. The mindset changed when I played Shashi Kapoor’s brother in Fakeera and the movie became a huge hit.
 Tags:Endhiran, Endhiran free MP3 songs downloads, Endhiran Movie Preview, Endiran songs downloads,Endhiran HQ songs Downloads,Endhiran 320kbps songs downloads,Stills,Endiran Stills,Endiran gossips,songs downloads,downloads,mediafire links,megaupload links,Endhiran mediafire links,Endhiran megaupload links,rajini gossips,rajini,sultan the warrior,robot,robot is the last movie says rajini

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Counter

free counters